Your people sit at the heart of your organisation, so keeping them happy, organised and connected is a must – and Microsoft Teams does exactly that.
With shifting employee-employer dynamics, the rise of remote working, and developing company culture high on the mission statement, organisations are putting their people first like never before.
In response to this change, messaging and collaboration tools have become more commonplace, all with the aim of empowering employees and bringing them together in new ways. Top of the pile, and ahead of the competition with 13 million daily users, is Microsoft Teams.
Introduced in 2016, Microsoft Teams is built on Office 365 and shares the same enterprise-level security, compliance, and manageability as the rest of the suite. It also uses Azure AD identities to provide a consistent experience across an organisation’s identity and access management offering.
In short, it’s a powerful tool that makes remote working a smooth possibility, and sits happily within the Microsoft environment as part of a wider infrastructure. But enough from behind the scenes: let’s see what it can do for your people.
Going Further for Your Employees
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, of course we use Teams, so yes, you might think us biased. But consider the following benefits that this innovative tool can bring to your organisation:
- Enables Remote Working: Research suggests that 50% of the UK workforce will work remotely by 2020 – and that huge paradigm shift needs to find support in a collaborative tool. By connecting employees across long distance, organisations can more easily introduce remote working.
- Empowers Effective Collaboration: Teams allows its users to share documents and edit them within the application itself, allowing for real-time collaboration whilst keeping documents safe and secure.
- Everything in One Place: Aside from connecting seamlessly with OneDrive, Teams also brings meetings into the fold, allowing for video and voice calls straight from the app. This connective feature allows you to maintain a collaborative environment among your remote workers.
- Builds Culture: Teams uses chat and dashboard-type functions that are similar to popular social media platforms like Facebook and WhatsApp. This allows for fun interaction which spreads culture and reinforces relationships between employees using GIFs and emojis.
- Allows for Integration: If employees have favourite software, they don’t have to give it up, as Teams integrates with a wide range of apps and outside services, including Asana, Hootsuite, and Zendesk, as well as different areas of the Microsoft suite like Power BI, Excel, and SharePoint.
- More Effective Meetings: Thanks to the meeting functions such as cloud-based meeting recording, meeting lobby, and dial-in fallback support, it’s never been easier to share ideas with employees throughout your organisation. You can also take notes, share the screen, and keep meetings on track.
- Seamless Move to The Cloud: As Teams is a fully cloud-based solution, this means you and your employees can access information from anywhere on any device. Having your workplace in the cloud means you can also reap the benefits of big data processing and artificial intelligence, helping you work smarter and more efficiently.
Bringing Employees Together
By bringing together conversations, shared files, task lists, online meetings, and much more, all into one single interface; Microsoft Teams can be a massive boost to productivity, connectivity and – importantly in this shifting dynamic – engagement.
Microsoft’s easily accessible app is driving collaboration across the globe, and is more than capable of helping your organisation to facilitate a seamless move to a digital workplace. No employees out of the loop, no relying on emails, and no second-guessing everybody’s progress: everybody’s connecting, no matter where they sit in the organisation.
If you’d like to know more about how Microsoft Teams can bring your employees together, feel free to get in touch with our team.