At the recent Inspire global partner conference, held in Washington DC, Microsoft announced the introduction of Microsoft 365. This brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security to deliver a complete, intelligent and secure solution to empower employees.
It represents a fundamental shift in how Microsoft will design, build and go to market to address customers’ needs for a modern workplace and will have 2 offerings.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise
This is designed for large organisations and integrates Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) to empower employees to be creative and work together, securely. It:
- Unlocks creativity by enabling people to work naturally with ink, voice and touch, all backed by tools that utilise AI and machine learning.
- Provides the broadest and deepest set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork, giving people flexibility and choice in how they connect, share and communicate.
- Simplifies IT by unifying management across users, devices, apps and services.
- Helps safeguard customer data, company data and intellectual property with built-in, intelligent security.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is offered in two plans: E3 and E5. Both are available for purchase on August 1, 2017.
Microsoft 365 Business
Microsoft 365 Business is designed for small- to medium-sized businesses with up to 300 users and integrates Office 365 Business Premium with tailored security and management features from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS). It offers services to empower employees, safeguard the business and simplify IT management.
- Helps companies achieve more together by better connecting employees, customers and suppliers.
- Empowers employees to get work done from anywhere, on any device.
- Protects company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplifies the set-up and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
Microsoft 365 Business will be available in public preview on August 2, 2017. It will become generally available on a worldwide basis in the autumn of 2017, priced at US $20 per user, per month.
To find out more about Microsoft 365, please contact us.